Queen Square Chambers is a thriving Barristers Chambers based in Bristol. Due to continued growth, we are seeking a new Junior Clerk to join our team.
The successful applicant will work in our busy Bristol office, joining a team who take pride in their service standards and representing Chambers.
The role is 40hrs per week, Monday to Friday between 08:30-18:00.
Key roles will include:
- Dealing with enquiries via phone and email
- Diary management
- Billing and invoicing of private and Legal Aid fees
- General office administration as required
Essential attributes include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work and excel in a team
- Good phone manner
- Confidence to network and speak with new contacts
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritise deadlines effectively
- Good IT skills (particularly on Microsoft office) and an ability to learn new systems and processes
- Five GCSE’s – C or above or equivalent
Desirable attributes include:
- Having worked in a Legal/Chambers environment in an administrative capacity
- Experience in invoicing/ fees billing, particularly with regards to the Legal Aid Agency
- £18,000-£21,000 depending on experience
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
How to Apply
Please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equality and Diversity
Queen Square Chambers takes seriously its obligations under the Equality Act and seeks to encourage equality and diversity.
We would value your help and co-operation in enabling us to build an accurate picture of the make-up of our business and we invite you to fill out our Equal Opportunities Monitoring form (visit our recruitment page to download). Please note this form is voluntary.
Any information provided will only be used for monitoring and statistical analysis and will not be passed on to selectors. Should you wish to return the completed form please do so along with your application.
Note on Privacy
Queen Square Chambers collects data and information about our prospective employees so that we can assess suitability for the role. The link below explains what data we process, why we process it, our legal basis, how long we keep it and the rights of prospective employees. This information will enable you to make an informed choice about whether or not you choose to apply for this position at Queen Square Chambers.
We will always make sure that our prospective employee’s information is protected and treated securely. Any information that we process will be held in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2018 and other UK or EU data protection legislation.