Employment Type: Full Time, 40 Hours per week.
Salary: £18,000 to £20,000 per annum depending on experience.
Closing Date: 4pm Friday 28th May
Interview: Week Beginning 7th June
Queen Square Chambers is looking for an assistant clerk to join our busy clerking team. The role will primarily involve supporting both civil and criminal clerking teams as required. The individual appointed will receive in depth on the job training.
The assistant clerk with support both civil and criminal clerking teams. Key responsibilities include:
- Processing the billing of family court cases.
- Processing the billing of criminal court cases.
- Assisting the civil clerking team in diary clerking.
- Assisting the criminal clerking team in diary clerking, during periods of annual leave.
- Providing administrative support to both clerking teams as required.
It is essential that candidates applying for this role have:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to work efficiently and under pressure
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise their own workload
- A professional telephone manner
- Proficient IT skills. Experience using Microsoft Office is essential
Offers subject to references and DBS check.
How to Apply
Please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV to the Chambers Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Equality and Diversity
Queen Square Chambers takes seriously its obligations under the Equality Act and seeks to encourage equality and diversity.
We would value your help and co-operation in enabling us to build an accurate picture of the make-up of our business and we invite you to fill out our Equal Opportunities Monitoring form (visit our recruitment page to download). Please note this form is voluntary.
Any information provided will only be used for monitoring and statistical analysis and will not be passed on to selectors. Should you wish to return the completed form please do so along with your application.
Note on Privacy
Queen Square Chambers collects data and information about our prospective employees so that we can assess suitability for the role. The link below explains what data we process, why we process it, our legal basis, how long we keep it and the rights of prospective employees. This information will enable you to make an informed choice about whether or not you choose to apply for this position at Queen Square Chambers.
We will always make sure that our prospective employee’s information is protected and treated securely. Any information that we process will be held in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2018 and other UK or EU data protection legislation.