Called to the Bar in the Summer of 2013 after being awarded a Distinction in a specialist Commercial Law LLM, Adam—
‘is a first-rate barrister. As an advocate, he is persuasive, deliberate and captivating; he holds court very well and is disarmingly affable but highly effective in cross-examination.’ – Legal 500, 2022: Commercial Tier 1
Adam’s versatile oral and written advocacy lends itself to the specialist practice areas in which he is instructed; he regularly appears in the High Court (QBD) and specialist commercial court (LMC). Adam is entrusted with cases which garner significant public interest.
Adam is regarded for his legal acumen: readily identifying, distilling and clearly presenting complex legal arguments which quickly go to the core of disputes.
Adam was previously appointed as in-house counsel to and managing director of a large financial intermediary business in Hong Kong, managing cross-border litigation, compliance to financial regulations and advisory work.
Adam’s experience gives him a depth of insight into commercial pragmatism and building business relationships complementing his often technical practice at the Bar.
Adam was the updating author of Hong Kong’s leading practitioner text on banking and finance law and contributed to Halsbury’s Laws of Hong Kong.
- “Conveys his advice in a concise and commercial manner, and can hold his own in court against counsel of significantly greater seniority.”
– Legal 500, 2021: Commercial Rising Star
Scholarships and Memberships
- Cassel Scholar of Lincoln’s Inn (Major, named bar finals scholarship)
- Wigglesworth Scholar of Lincoln’s Inn (Major, named pupillage scholarship)
- Denning Society Member, Lincoln’s Inn
- Commercial Bar Association (COMBAR)
- Direct Public Access Certification, 2017
- BPTC (Very Competent), 2013
- LLM Commercial Law (Distinction), 2012
- LLB Law & International Relations (2.i), 2011
Hobbies and Interests
Outside of legal practice Adam enjoys yacht racing (at a previously professional level), triathlon (at a vanishingly amateur level), increasingly technical scuba diving, backcountry skiing, fly fishing, historical linguistics, chess, photography and contemporary art.