Lauren is an experienced Clinical Negligence practitioner having dealt with a multitude of complex claims. She represents both claimants and defendants. Her practice includes claims involving delays in and missed diagnosis, surgical error, dental negligence, failings by paramedics, deaths resulting arising from the use of bed rails and hospital acquired bed sores. She is regularly instructed in high value claims involving complex schedules.
Lauren deals with claims from inception through to and including trial dealing with inquests, Letters of Claim and Response, pleadings, schedules, advice, conference, CCMCs, PTRs and applications.
Many solicitors relish Lauren’s ability to turn around paperwork very quickly, her responsiveness and her willingness to discuss any matters informally over the phone.
“Recommended for a variety of claimant matters” – Legal 500 2020
Recent cases include:
- Drafting a schedule in a claim regarding visual loss in a young girl on the contraceptive pill which has recently settled for a seven figure sum (see article here).
- Representing family at inquest following the death of a man from pulmonary embolism after surgery.
- Failure to obtain informed consent for a procedure that subsequently resulted in nerve damage.
- A claim arising out of failure to diagnose a nerve injury resulting in an excessive loss of sensation.
- A claim arising out of misplacement of a needle and practice of reusing needles by a dentist.
- A claim arising out of a failure to diagnose a tendon injury resulting in permanent loss of movement.
- A death resulting from the use of bed rails.
- Failure to provide sufficient antibiotic cover resulting in infection following surgery.
- The development of bed sores by a paraplegic patient.