Our Regulatory Enforcement team is dedicated to assisting, advising and representing organisations and individuals who have to grapple with those regulations, whether they are companies, individuals or the regulators themselves.
We know that when companies face enforcement action there’s more at stake than the conviction alone. We take a commercial approach that focuses on this just as much as the liability and fine. Providing legally correct advice is only the beginning. We pride ourselves on giving advice that is also pragmatic and geared to allow the business to manage its own situation.
Any company choosing to contest liability will find technical specialists in our team who are highly skilled in analysing potential avenues of defence. Equally, we also have advocates who are very experienced in persuading courts in relation to sentence, and alert to the changes brought about by the new sentencing guidelines for health and safety and environmental cases.
We’re also experienced at dealing with all major regulators in the following areas:
- Health and Safety Executive prosecutions
- Environment Agency cases
- Food Standards Agency proceedings
- Maritime enforcement including both fatalities at sea and pollution
- Trading standards prosecutions, including extensive experience of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008
- Appeals against enforcement notices
Further information in relation to fees and timescales can be found here.