Queen Square Chambers has an exciting opportunity for an Administration and Marketing Assistant to join its Clerking Team. If you are looking to progress your career in a forward thinking and well-established set of Chambers, we would love to hear from you.
The job title for this role is “Junior Civil Clerk”.
The role of a Junior Clerk encompasses the diary management, and phone/email communication of legal administration, but also extends to promotional social media posts and curating content for Chambers’ website and developing and implementing marketing strategies and events for individuals and teams.
The successful applicant will work in our Queen Square office Bristol. They will be joining a team who pride themselves on delivering excellent service standards in an approachable and friendly manner. Our chambers have been here in Bristol for more than 40 years, and today we provide a distinguished and trustworthy service, working across the whole of England and Wales from our Bristol base. There is a strong collaborative atmosphere at Queen Square Chambers, we are committed to helping each other develop in our work, which only benefits our clients
The role is 40hrs per week, Monday to Friday between 08:30-18:00. Flexible working options can be discussed.
Essential attributes include:
- Confident communication skills and an ability to create and maintain relationships with a wide range of barristers, solicitors, and clients.
- A self-starter with the ability to anticipate needs and act ahead of direct guidance in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for creating appealing, engaging, and professional content.
- Provide support on social and digital campaigns.
- Excellent writing skills and good grammar.
- The ability to write user friendly content that meets the needs of the audience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong cross-team collaboration and organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills using phone and email.
- Confidence to network and speak with new contacts.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Approachable and can maintain a calm and focused approach under pressure, within short time constraints, and in relatively ambiguous and complex situations.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritise deadlines effectively.
- The ability to handle highly sensitive material with tact and professionalism.
- Good IT skills and an ability to learn new systems and processes.
- Five GCSE’s – C or above or equivalent.
Key roles will include:
- Assisting with enquiries via phone and email.
- Scheduling meetings & conferences.
- Negotiating fees and invoicing.
- Developing business plans to reflect an evolving market.
- Marketing individuals and teams in a competitive industry.
- Dealing with confidential information.
- Dealing with other members of Chambers.
- Assist with the arrangement for events and functions.
- Produce minutes.
- Update website for development.
- Assist with compiling the social calendar for the year.
- Provide onsite support at events as needed to ensure smooth running of events.
Desirable but not essential attributes include:
- Having worked in a Legal/Chambers environment in an administrative capacity.
- Experience in invoicing/ fees billing.
- £22,000-£26,000 depending on experience
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Applications to be received by Wednesday 7th December – please send a C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org.